Cheklist of the flora of progected reserve “Zelenivskyi step” includes 264 taxa names. The nomenclature of the vascular plants in dataset follows “Nomenclatural Checklist of vascular plants of Ukraine” (Mosyakin & Fedoronchuk 1999).
The data in this occurrence resource has been published as a Darwin Core Archive (DwC-A), which is a standardized format for sharing biodiversity data as a set of one or more data tables. The core data table contains 349 records.
This IPT archives the data and thus serves as the data repository. The data and resource metadata are available for download in the downloads section. The versions table lists other versions of the resource that have been made publicly available and allows tracking changes made to the resource over time.
The table below shows only published versions of the resource that are publicly accessible.
How to cite
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Moysiyenko I (2023). An annotated list of the flora of the progected reserve «Zelenivskyi step» (Kherson region, Ukraine). Version 1.5. Kherson State University. Occurrence dataset. https://ukraine.ipt.gbif.no/resource?r=zelenivskyi_step&v=1.5
Researchers should respect the following rights statement:
The publisher and rights holder of this work is Kherson State University. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY 4.0) License.
This resource has been registered with GBIF, and assigned the following GBIF UUID: 1ba78f31-d99f-4c04-8af9-262eacc42785. Kherson State University publishes this resource, and is itself registered in GBIF as a data publisher endorsed by Participant Node Managers Committee.
Checklist; progected reserve Virovchyna ravine; flora; Kherson region; Ukraine
The progected reserve “Virovchyna ravine” (Kherson district, Kherson region, Ukraine)
|Bounding Coordinates||South West [46.697, 32.618], North East [46.75, 32.712]|
Vascular plants (Plantae, Tracheophyta - Polypodiopsida, Gnetopsida, Liliopsida, Magnoliopsida)
|Class||Gnetopsida, Liliopsida, Magnoliopsida, Polypodiopsida|
|Start Date / End Date||1997-01-01 / 1997-12-31|
BioDATA grant for data mobilization including digitization, data quality assurance, data preparation, and publication of collection specimen and other species data from Ukraine to GBIF. Dataset preparation was supported within the project "Documenting of phytodiversity of nature protected areas of Lower Dnipro region". More details on the grant program here (https://www.nhm.uio.no/english/research/projects/biodata/activities/data-mobilization-call-ukraine.html).
|Title||BioDATA Ukraine data mobilization grant program 2022|
|Funding||BioDATA partners, NLBIF, GBIF Norway, and the UiO Natural History Museum|
|Study Area Description||Lower Dnipro region|
The personnel involved in the project:
Recording and identification of vascular plants with using road-field methods.
|Study Extent||The progected reserve Virovchyna ravine with the area of 3 hectares is located on the right bank of the river Virovchyna. The relief is flat, with a slope to the river. According to the physical and geographical zoning the territory belongs to the Dnipro-Bug steppe region.|
|Quality Control||The identification of vascular plant species was held with morphological methods at the field and in the Kherson State University Laboratory of Plant Ecology and Environmental Protection. Coordinates of records were checked using Google Earth service. Data cleaning using OpenRefine.|
Method step description:
- Field sampling
- Recording and identification of vascular plants
- Completing of cheklist of vascular plant
- Data post-processing according to the Darwin Core standards
- Data checking and cleaning in OpenRefine
- Boyko, M.F. (2001). Ed. Chornyi., S.G. Ecology of Kherson region. Kherson. 156 p. [in Ukrainian].
- Boyko, M.F. (1988). Nature of Kherson region. Physical and geographical. Kyiv: Phytosociological Centre. 120 p. [in Ukrainian].
- Korzh, L.V., Shturina V. (2013). Ed. Arustamova, N. Nature and natural resources of Kherson region. Kherson: KSU.48 p. [in Ukrainian].
- Moysyenko I.I. (1997).Flora and vegetation of the proposed progected reserve Virovchyna balka (Kherson). Collection of Scientific and Methodological Works "Method". Jubilee edition 4: 255-257. [in Ukrainian].
- Shaposhnikova A.O., Boiko M.F., Moysiyenko I.I., Melnyk R.P., Ponomaryova A.A. (2015). Materials for the projected botanical reserves (Kherson region, Ukraine). Chornomorski Botanical Journal 11 (3): 346-363. [in Ukrainian]. 10.14255/2308-9628/15.113/8
- Mosyakin S.L., Fedoronchuk M.M. (1999). Vascular plants of Ukraine. A nomenclatural checklist. Specialized printing house of scientific journals of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv.
- Moysiyenko I.I., Khodosovtsev A.Ye., Pylypenko I.O., Boiko M.F., Malchykova D.S., Klymenko V.M., Ponomarova A.A., Darmostuk V.V., Zaharova M.Ya. (2020) Perspective nature protected objects of Kherson region. Kherson: Helvetica. [in Ukrainian]. 10.32782/978-966-992-049-2/1-166