The dataset contains the most comprehensive collection of the records covering the genus Aconitum (Ranunculacea) in the Ukrainian Carpathians and some adjacent lowlands, taxonomically processed/verified by Andriy Novikov during 2007–2020. It is based on the Novikov’s personal elaboration of the main herbarium collections of the region (including LW, LWS, LWKS, KRA, KRAM, CHER, KW, UU, and KWHU), as well as on the data extracted (and crosschecked) from the published materials and other available sources (e.g., Karel Domin Card Index).
The data in this occurrence resource has been published as a Darwin Core Archive (DwC-A), which is a standardized format for sharing biodiversity data as a set of one or more data tables. The core data table contains 2,280 records.
This IPT archives the data and thus serves as the data repository. The data and resource metadata are available for download in the downloads section. The versions table lists other versions of the resource that have been made publicly available and allows tracking changes made to the resource over time.
The table below shows only published versions of the resource that are publicly accessible.
How to cite
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Novikov A (2021): Genus Aconitum of the Ukrainian Carpathians and adjacent territories. v1.0. Ukrainian Nature Conservation Group (NGO). Dataset/Occurrence. https://gbif.univer.kharkov.ua/resource?r=aconitum_carpathians&v=1.0
Researchers should respect the following rights statement:
The publisher and rights holder of this work is Ukrainian Nature Conservation Group (NGO). This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY 4.0) License.
This resource has been registered with GBIF, and assigned the following GBIF UUID: 91f04313-0699-41a7-87ef-2b0c13180778. Ukrainian Nature Conservation Group (NGO) publishes this resource, and is itself registered in GBIF as a data publisher endorsed by Participant Node Managers Committee.
- Custodian Steward
Ukrainian Carpathians and adjacent territories
|South West [46.134, 19.512], North East [50.848, 27.246]
No Description available
|Start Date / End Date
|1803-01-01 / 2020-01-01
In collaboration with the Finnish Biodiversity Information Facility (FinBIF) and Pensoft Publishers, GBIF has announced a new call for authors to submit and publish data papers on Northern Eurasia in a special collection of Biodiversity Data Journal (BDJ).
|Northern Eurasia 2022
The personnel involved in the project:
Dataset comprises personal elaboration of the herbarium collections, processed and taxonomically revised published data, as well as personal field observations.
|Ukrainian Carpathians and adjacent territories
Method step description:
- Processing (identification, taxonomical verification, databasing, etc.) of the herbarium vouchers deposited in the main regional herbaria in Ukraine and Poland (LW, LWS, LWKS, KRA, KRAM, CHER, KW, UU, and KWHU)
- Processing (including the taxonomical verification and exclusion of the records that cannot be clearly verified/identified) of the Karel Domin Card Index deposited in the Institute of Botany of SAS in Bratislava (Slovakia) and extraction of the data
- Processing the published sources (including the literature and online materials) and extraction of the data
- Verification of the data in the dataset and translation of the information on the labels from the Cyrillic languages to English
- Identification of the localities and georeference of the records using OSM, as well as recent and antique paper and scanned maps
- Organization of the dataset according to the Darwin Core standard
|Ivan Franko National University of Lviv herbarium
|State Museum of Natural History herbarium
|Institute of Ecology of the Carpathians herbarium
|Jagiellonian University herbarium
|W. Szafer Institute of Botany, Polish Academy of Sciences herbarium
|Yu. Fedcovich Chernivtsi State University herbarium
|M.G. Kholodny Institute of Botany, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine herbarium
|Uzhhorod National University herbarium
|O. V. Fomin Botanical Garden of the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv herbarium
|Specimen preservation methods
|Dried and pressed
- Records of protected animal, plant and fungi species in Ukraine. (Series: «Conservation Biology in Ukraine», Is. 19.). – Kyiv-Chernivtsi: Druk-Art, 2020. – 704 p.