This dataset includes the checklist of vascular plants of «Striltsivskyi steppe» compartment of the Luhansk Nature Reserve of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. Currently, it includes 701 species from 324 genera, 74 families, 4 classes and 3 divisions. The first floristic list for the territory of the reserve was compiled by D. M. Dobrochaeva on the basis of research in 1952-1954. It included 409 species of vascular plants (Dobrochaeva, 1956). A complete inventory of the flora was carried out by scientists of the Donetsk Botanical Garden in the 1970s and 1980s, the results of the research were published in the monograph ""Luhansk State Nature Reserve. Plant world"" (Kondratyuk et al., 1988). According to this work, the flora of the Striltsivskyi steppe included 556 species of vascular plants, 554 species of Magnoliophyta, 1 species of Pinophyta, and 1 species of Equisetophyta. After the release of this work, the flora of the reserve was considered exhaustively researched. A significant array of new data on the flora, collected in the 1990s and early 2000s, was summarized in works for 2000 (Sova, Borovyk, Borozenets, 2000) and 2003 (Sova, Borozenets, 2003). The need to conduct new inventory studies arose after the extension of the territory of the reserve in 2004, the area of the Striltsivskyi steppe increased almost twice - from 512 to 1036 hectares. In 2007, we started working on ""Flora LPZ"" database (Gouz, 2008). It summarizes all the available data of floristic studies for the entire period of the reserve's existence. Significant additions to the flora were published in 2008 (Sova, Borovyk, Guz, 2008), and in 2009 the work ""Biodiversity of the Luhansk Nature Reserve: Plant World"" was published, which included a complete list of plant species known from all published sources and scientific reports, Annals of nature of the reserve (Bioraznoobrasie..., 2009).
The data in this checklist resource has been published as a Darwin Core Archive (DwC-A), which is a standardized format for sharing biodiversity data as a set of one or more data tables. The core data table contains 1,106 records.
This IPT archives the data and thus serves as the data repository. The data and resource metadata are available for download in the downloads section. The versions table lists other versions of the resource that have been made publicly available and allows tracking changes made to the resource over time.
The table below shows only published versions of the resource that are publicly accessible.
How to cite
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Borovyk L, Gouz G (2022): Checklist of vascular plants of Striltsivskyi steppe (Luhansk Nature Reserve of NASU, Ukraine). v1.1. Luhansk Nature Reserve NAS of Ukraine. Dataset/Checklist. https://ukraine.ipt.gbif.no/resource?r=checklist_vascular_plants_striltsivskyi_steppe&v=1.1
Researchers should respect the following rights statement:
The publisher and rights holder of this work is Luhansk Nature Reserve NAS of Ukraine. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non Commercial (CC-BY-NC 4.0) License.
This resource has been registered with GBIF, and assigned the following GBIF UUID: d9f702dd-5a87-476e-b52e-ed864ab826f0. Luhansk Nature Reserve NAS of Ukraine publishes this resource, and is itself registered in GBIF as a data publisher endorsed by Participant Node Managers Committee.
Checklist; Ukraine; vascular plants; arid; steppe; Inventoryregional
- Metadata Provider ●
- Originator ●
- Point Of Contact
Luhansk Nature Reserve is located in eastern Ukraine, in Luhansk region. «Striltsivskyi steppe» compartment with an area of 1036.51 ha is located in Milovsky district of Luhansk region, on the southeastern foothills of the Middle Russian Highland, in the basin of the left tributaries of the Siverskyi Donets river. The reserve was created to preserve of the Marmota bobak population and a typical area of the Pontic herb bunchgrass steppes.
|Bounding Coordinates||South West [48.633, 38.628], North East [49.767, 40.188]|
No Description available
Visual observations and herbaria specimen sampling using free routes
|Study Extent||Luhansk Nature Reserve, "Striltsivskyi steppe" compartment, eastern Ukraine, in Luhansk region.|
Method step description:
- route sampling
- specimens identification
- storing data in the database of Luhansk Nature Reserve
- Biodiversity of Lugansk nature reserve: Plants / Compilers: Sova T.V., Rusina N.V., Guz G.V., Borovik L.P., Shiyan-Glotova A.V. – Lugansk: Elton-2, 2010. – 130 p. (In Russian)
- Borovyk L.P., Gouz G.V. Summary data about the flora of the Striltsivsky steppe (Lugansk Nature Reserve) // Regional Aspects of Floristic and Faunistic Studies: Proceedings of the Third International Scientific and Practical Conference (13-14 May 2016 r., smt Putyla - m. Chernivtsi, Ukraine). – Chernivtsi: Druk Art, 2016. – P. 113-116. (In Ukrainian)
- Gouz G.V. Programmatic complex «Flora of Lugansk Nature Reserve» // Scientific Bulletin of Natural Sciences (Biological Sciences). – 2008. – Vol. 11. – P. 41-52. (In Russian)
- Dobrochayeva D.M. Flora and vegetation of the reserve of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR Streletsky steppe // Ukr. botan. journ. – 1956. – 14, №2. – P. 44-56. (In Ukrainian)
- Kondratyuk E.N., Burda R.I., Chuprina T.T., Khomyakov M.T. Lugansk State Reserve. Plant world. – Kiev: Nauk. dumka, 1988. – 188 p. (In Russian)
- Mosjakin S.L., Fedoronchuk M.M. Vascular Plants of Ukraine. A nomenclatural checklist. – Kiev, 1999. – 345 p.