Own long-term data of fish collections are given. There are mostly freshwater fish from the basins of the Dnipro, Danube, Southern Buh, Dniester and other rivers.
The data in this occurrence resource has been published as a Darwin Core Archive (DwC-A), which is a standardized format for sharing biodiversity data as a set of one or more data tables. The core data table contains 3,004 records.
This IPT archives the data and thus serves as the data repository. The data and resource metadata are available for download in the downloads section. The versions table lists other versions of the resource that have been made publicly available and allows tracking changes made to the resource over time.
The table below shows only published versions of the resource that are publicly accessible.
How to cite
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Kutsokon Y, Roman A (2022): The own findings of fish of Ukraine during 2001 - 2021. v1.3. Ukrainian Nature Conservation Group (NGO). Dataset/Occurrence. https://gbif.univer.kharkov.ua/resource?r=fish3000&v=1.3
Researchers should respect the following rights statement:
The publisher and rights holder of this work is Ukrainian Nature Conservation Group (NGO). This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY 4.0) License.
This resource has been registered with GBIF, and assigned the following GBIF UUID: 77f88e2e-77a5-48eb-8e90-14d0945c0188. Ukrainian Nature Conservation Group (NGO) publishes this resource, and is itself registered in GBIF as a data publisher endorsed by Participant Node Managers Committee.
Occurrence; fish; freshwater; Ukraine; Occurrence
Data was collected from the territory of Ukraine.
|Bounding Coordinates||South West [44.434, 22.148], North East [52.402, 40.166]|
Mainly freshwater fish species of two classes: Hyperoartia (order:Petromyzontiformes) and Actinopterygii, - are shown within the dataset.
|Start Date / End Date||2001-01-01 / 2021-01-01|
Dataset has been organized with the support of Project nlbif2018.2019.004 funded by NLBIF to The Habitat Foundation "Mobilization of biodiversity data from Ukraine to GBIF" https://www.nlbif.nl/mobilization-of-biodiversity-data-from-ukraine-to-gbif/
|Title||Mobilization of biodiversity data from Ukraine to GBIF|
The personnel involved in the project:
- Point Of Contact
- Point Of Contact
The data on fish registration was collected by the authors on their own. Some of the collected fish specimens were transfered to collections of The National Museum of Natural History of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
|Study Extent||This dataset consists of a number of points where fish species were registered on the territory of Ukraine from 2001 to 2021.|
|Quality Control||Authors of the dataset are fully responsible for the correctness of species identifications, information on organisms' quantity and georeferencing.|
Method step description:
- Collecting of the material.
- Identification of the registered specimens (definition to species level).
- Grabowska J, Kvach Yu, Rewicz T, Pupins M, Kutsokon I, Dykyy I, Antal L, Zięba G, Rakauskas V, Trichkova T, Čeirāns A, Grabowski M (2020) First insights into the molecular population structure and origins of the invasive Chinese sleeper, Perccottus glenii, in Europe. NeoBiota 57: 87–107.
- Kutsokon I. The Chinese sleeper (Perccottus glenii Dybowski, 1877) in Ukraine: new data on distribution // Journal of Applied Ichthyology. 2017, 33: 1100-1107.
- Kutsokon I., Kvach Y. The bullheads of genus Ameiurus (Actinopterygii: Ameiuridae) in Ukraine // Anastasiu P., Trichkova T., Uludag A., Tomov R. (Eds.) 2018. Book of Abstracts, Joint ESENIAS and DIAS Scientific Conference and 8th ESENIAS Workshop Management and sharing of IAS data to support knowledge.based decision making at regional level, 26.28 September 2018, Bucharest, Romania. P. 77.
- Kutsokon I., Kvach Y., Dykyy I., Dzyziuk N. 2018. The first report of the brown bullhead Ameiurus nebulosus (Le Sueur, 1819) in the Dniester River drainage, Ukraine // BioInvasions Records, Vol.7, Is. 3: 319 – 324.
- Kutsokon Y. K., Roman A. M. Fish of small tributaries of Kremenchuk reservoir between rivers Supiy and Sula // Recent developments in theoretical and practical ichthyology. Abstracts of the X International ichthyologic conference (Kyiv-Kaniv, 19 – 21 September 2017). – Kherson: Grin D.S., 2017. P. 85 – 89.
- Kutsokon Y., Kobzar L. The Current status of populations of reophilic fish species in waterbodies of Polissky natural reserve and surroundings // Scientific Herald of Chernivtsy University. Biology (Biological Systems). – Vol. 9, Is. 2. – Chernivtsy: Chernivtsy National University, 2017. –– P. 231 – 237.
- Kutsokon Y., Kvach Y. The assemblage of fish of the Tyligul River, Black-Sea basin, southwestern Ukraine // Біологічні студії, 2015. – Т. 9, № 1. – С. 223 – 228.
- Kutsokon Y., Nekrasova O., Shkamerda V., Loparev S. The spread of guppy (Poecilia reticulata Peters, 1859) in the Bortnychi aeration station channel of Kyiv City // Dynamics of biodiversity 2012. Lugansk: Taras Shevchenko Lugansk National University, 2012. – P. 94 – 95.
- Kutsokon Y., Roman A. The Reophylic fish species in the Teteriv river basin // Scientific Herald of Chernivtsy University. Biology (Biological Systems). – Vol. 10, Is. 2. – Chernivtsy: Chernivtsy National University, 2018. –– P. 139 – 144.
- Kutsokon Y., Roman A., Kvach Y., Shcherbatiuk M. Fish Communities in Three Rivers of the South Podolia, Black Sea Basin, Ukraine. Zool. Bulg., in press. 7 p. (Published online 30 October 2020)
- Kutsokon Y., Tsyba A., Podobaylo A., Pan’kov A.. The modern species composition of fish populations of left tributaries of the Middle Dnieper: Supiy and Trubizh // Scientific Herald of Chernivtsy University. Biology (Biological Systems). – Vol. 8, Is. 2. – Chernivtsy: Chernivtsy National University, 2016. –– P. 228 – 232.
- Kutsokon Y., Tsyba A., Scvorchyns’kyj A. Changes species composition of ichthyofauna of Irpin River (Dnieper basin) during the last century // Scientific Herald of Chernivtsy University. Biology (Biological Systems). – Vol. 4, Is. 4. – Chernivtsy: Chernivtsy National University, 2012. –– P. 507 – 510.
- Kutsokon Y.K. Distribution and Morphological and Biological Traits of Alien Fish Species in the Ros River Basin (Tributary to the Dnieper) // Russian Journal of Biological Invasions, 2010. – V.1, №2. – P. 106 – 113.
- Kutsokon Y.K. Lampreys and Actinopterygii of the Polesie Nature Reserve and its surroundings // Nature reserves in Ukraine, 2012. Vol. 18. N 1-2. P. 77 – 81.
- Kutsokon Y.K. The current status of ichthyofauna in River Ros’ basin. – Manuscript. Thesis on PhD degree in specialty 03.00.10 – ichthyology. Institute of fish industry UAAS. Kyiv, 2007. 144 p.
- Kutsokon Y.K., Kokodiy S.V., Scvorchyns’kyj A.O., Shcherbatjuk M.M. The fishes of wetlands international importance of Desna River // Nature reserves in Ukraine, 2013. Vol. 19. N 1. P. 49 – 53.
- Kutsokon Yu., Markovych M. Alien fish in artificial water bodies of Transcarpathia // Recent developments in theoretical and practical ichthyology. Abstracts of the VIIІ International ichthyologic conference (Kherson, 17 – 19 September 2015). – Kherson: Grin D.S., 2015. P. 105 – 109.
- Kutsokon Yu., Tsyba A., Kvach Yu. The occurrence of the Chinese Sleeper Perccottus glenii Dybowski 1877 in the basin of the Southern Bug River, Ukraine // BioInvasions Records (2014) Volume 3. Issue 1: 45–48.
- Kutsokon Yu.K. Findings of fish species proposed to the third edition of the Red Book of Ukraine in the basin of the Ros’ River // Animal Discoveries Red Book of Ukraine. Kyiv. 2008. – P. 175 – 176.
- Kutsokon Yu.K. The current status of ichthyofauna in River Ros’ basin // Problems of study and protection of wildlife in natural and human ecosystems. Chernivtsi, 2010. – P. 37-39.
- Kutsokon Yu.K., Negoda V.V. Chinese Sleeper Perccottus glenii (Odontobutidae, Perciformes) – a new species for River Ros’ Basin // Vestnik Zoologii, 2006. Vol.40. N3. P. 282.
- Kutsokon Yu.K., Tsyba A.O. The modern species of fish right tributaries of the middle Dnieper, Ros and Stugna // Recent developments in theoretical and practical ichthyology. Odesa, 2011. P. 146 – 149.
- Kvach Y., Drobiniak O., Kutsokon Y., Hoch I. The parasites of the invasive Chinese sleeper Perccottus glenii (Fam. Odontobutidae), with the first report of Nippotaenia mogurndae in Ukraine // Knowl. Managt. Aquatic Ecosyst. (2013) 409, 05. 11 p.
- Kvach Y., Kutsokon Y., Stepien C.A. and Markovych M., 2016. Role of the invasive Chinese sleeper Perccottus glenii (Actinopterygii: Odontobutidae) in the distribution of fish parasites in Europe: New data and a review. 2016. Biologia 71/8: 941—951.
- Kvach Y., Ondračková M., Kutsokon Y., Dzyziuk N. 2018. New record of monogenean parasites on non-indigenous fishes in the Ukrainian Danube Delta // BioInvasions Records, Vol.7, Is. 1: 65-72.
- Markovych M.P., Kutsokon Y.K. Alien fish species in the lakes of Uzhhorod city (Transcarpathia, Ukraine) // Folia oecologica 8, Presov 2012. P. 65 – 74.
- Roman A. M., Kutsokon Y. K. Fish of Mizhrichynskyi Regional Landscape Park (Chernihiv region, Ukraine) // Nature reserves in Ukraine. 2015. Vol. 21. N 1. P. 57 – 61.
- Roman A., Kutsokon Y., Podobailo A. Retrospective analysis of the current state of ichthyofauna of the Vilshanka and Tiasmyn river basins // Studia Biologica, 2017. – Vol. 11, № 2. – P. 125 – 136.
- Roman A.M., 2015: Fish fauna of the Oster River basin (Desna River basin, Ukraine) – recent data. Studia biologica. 9, 3–4: 129–136.
- Rubtsova N.Yu., Kutsokon I.K. 2018. First note on fish parasites in Polissky nature reserve, northern Ukraine // Vestnik Zoologii, 52 (1): 53 – 58.