The cheklist flora of Malyi Potemkinskiy Island, including 277 taxa name (276 species and 1 genus) of vascular plants and 25 in culture. The nomenclature and taxonomy of the vascular plants in dataset follows “Nomenclatural Checklist of vascular plants of Ukraine” (Mosyakin & Fedoronchuk 1999).
The data in this checklist resource has been published as a Darwin Core Archive (DwC-A), which is a standardized format for sharing biodiversity data as a set of one or more data tables. The core data table contains 277 records.
1 extension data tables also exist. An extension record supplies extra information about a core record. The number of records in each extension data table is illustrated below.
This IPT archives the data and thus serves as the data repository. The data and resource metadata are available for download in the downloads section. The versions table lists other versions of the resource that have been made publicly available and allows tracking changes made to the resource over time.
The table below shows only published versions of the resource that are publicly accessible.
How to cite
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Moysiyenko I (2023). Checklist of vascular plants of the flora of the Malyi Potomkinskyi Island (Kherson region, Ukraine). Version 1.6. Kherson State University. Checklist dataset. https://ukraine.ipt.gbif.no/resource?r=malyi_potomkinskyi&v=1.6
Researchers should respect the following rights statement:
The publisher and rights holder of this work is Kherson State University. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY 4.0) License.
This resource has been registered with GBIF, and assigned the following GBIF UUID: e9eff47c-5307-49d7-85ee-05dd4760666a. Kherson State University publishes this resource, and is itself registered in GBIF as a data publisher endorsed by Participant Node Managers Committee.
Checklist; flora; Kherson region; Ukraine; Inventoryregional
Malyi Potomkinskyi Island (Kherson city council, Kherson region, Ukraine)
|Bounding Coordinates||South West [46.597, 32.563], North East [46.601, 32.581]|
Vascular plants (Plantae, Tracheophyta - Polypodiopsida, Pinopsida, Liliopsida, Magnoliopsida),
|Class||Liliopsida, Magnoliopsida, Pinopsida, Polypodiopsida|
|Start Date / End Date||2007-01-01 / 2007-12-31|
BioDATA grant for data mobilization including digitization, data quality assurance, data preparation, and publication of collection specimen and other species data from Ukraine to GBIF. Dataset preparation was supported within the project "Documenting of phytodiversity of nature protected areas of Lower Dnipro region". More details on the grant program here (https://www.nhm.uio.no/english/research/projects/biodata/activities/data-mobilization-call-ukraine.html).
|Title||BioDATA Ukraine data mobilization grant program 2022|
|Funding||BioDATA partners, NLBIF, GBIF Norway, and the UiO Natural History Museum|
|Study Area Description||Lower Dnipro region|
The personnel involved in the project:
Recording and identification of vascular plants with using road-field methods
|Study Extent||Malyi Potomkinskyi Island is located in the valley of the Dnipro River, at the branching of the main channel into two rivers Rvach and Bakai. Administratively it is a part of the city of Kherson, located in its southwestern outskirts. It belongs to the small islands. It stretches from east to west for 1300 m with a maximum width of 300 m.|
|Quality Control||The identification of vascular plant species was held with morphological methods at the field and in the Kherson State University Laboratory of Plant Ecology and Environmental Protection. Coordinates of records were checked using Google Earth service. Data cleaning using OpenRefine.|
Method step description:
- Searching of old parks in Kherson Region
- Recording and identification of vascular plants
- Completing of cheklist of vascular plant
- Data post-processing according to the Darwin Core standards
- Data checking and cleaning in OpenRefine
- Boyko M.F. (2001). Ed. Chornyi., S.G. Ecology of Kherson region. Kherson. 156 p. [in Ukrainian].
- Boyko M.F. (1988). Nature of Kherson region. Physical and geographical. Kyiv: Phytosociological Centre. 120 p. [in Ukrainian].
- Korzh L.V., Shturina V. (2013). Ed. Arustamova, N. Nature and natural resources of Kherson region. Kherson: KSU.48 p. [in Ukrainian].
- Mosyakin S.L., Fedoronchuk M.M. (1999). Vascular plants of Ukraine. A nomenclatural checklist. Specialized printing house of scientific journals of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv.
- Moysiyenko I.I. (2002). The current state of the flora of the Malyi Potomkinskyi Island. Natural Almanac Biological Sciences. 2. Kherson: Perseus. PP. 129-148. [in Ukrainian].